We are currently recruiting for the following roles.
We are now seeking a keen and talented I.T. Assistant to join our Systems Team. The role is full time and is based at our Head Office in Trowbridge. The I.T. assistant will be the initial point of contact for End-User computing queries and will log, manage and resolve requests and issues through our ticketing system, escalating to other team members where necessary.
The I.T. Assistant will be responsible for:
- Ownership of the I.T. support ticket queue, providing End-User Computing support for incidents and problems ensuring they are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Providing face to face and telephone support to users across multiple sites
- Updating the relevant systems as per company procedures.
- Establishing good working relationships with the systems users
- Monitoring of the organisations critical I.T. systems, services, backups and replication jobs - escalating when necessary.
- Providing detailed “Work Instruction” documentation for new and existing IT processes / tasks
- Installing, configuring and maintaining I.T. hardware such as PC’s, HHT’s, printers and phones
- Providing support for the organisation’s bespoke applications
- Ensuring I.T. infrastructure has the appropriate Anti-Virus / Threat detection software installed, configured and updated to the latest version.
- Raising support tickets and liaising with external technical support contacts
- Identifying problems and errors prior to or when they occur and logging all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Basic networking such as Wi-Fi setup and cable patching.
- Documenting and maintaining topology of the network, VLAN maps, IP list and network diagrams for the business
- Ensuring that the company I.T. Security Policy is adhered to by all users.
We are looking for candidates with great interpersonal and customer care skills and the ability to adapt their communication to accommodate varying levels of I.T. knowledge. Other desirable attributes are:
- Good problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Logical thinker
- Passion for Information Technology
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows / Server / Office 365 Technology
- Excellent written communication skills
Applicants need to include a cover letter with salary expectations as well as their up to date CV.
Applications to: email@example.com
Please see indeed.co.uk for our current vacancies.